ICCR Scholarship— Fully Funded Scholarship in India
Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR) is on a mandate of administering the ICCR scholarship schemes facilitated by the Government of India. Every year, ICCR awards about 3940 scholarships under 26 different schemes to foreign students from about 140 counties. Amongst these 23 schemes, six are funded by ICCR from its’ own grant and others are administered on behalf of MEA and Ministry of Ayush. The courses offered for studies are for undergraduate, postgraduate, and M. Phil /Ph.D. levels. In every academic year, ICCR holds about 6,000+ foreign students who are studying at various Central/States University, Institutes, NITs, and Agricultural Institutions, etc.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Its objectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs pertaining to India’s external cultural relations. Importantly, to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries.
India is known as education hub attracting international students from all over the world. Indian’s diversity and vibrant history tender a wide range of options for students. With access to such rich diversity as well as a rapidly growing country on the cutting edge of the technological revolution, studying in India has much to offer, whether an applicant interests Engineering, Computers, Philosophy, Politics, or in Classics, etc.
In a step forward towards “Digital India” ICCR developed “Admissions to Alumni (A2A Portal), popularly known as the A2A ICCR Scholarship Portal” to streamline and make the scholarship work transparent. Candidates can now easily access the application form for ICCR scholarship online on the A2A portal.
Catogories of ICCR Scholarship Schemes
Check out all the categories of the ICCR India Scholarships:
1) General ICCR Scholarship Scheme
2) Bangladesh—India ICCR Scholarship Scheme
3) Commonwealth ICCR Scholarship Scheme
4) Nehru Memorial ICCR Scholarship Scheme
5) CEP/EEP ICCR Scholarship Scheme
6) ICCR Scholarship Scheme for Indian Music and Dance
7) Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme – MEA
8) AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for BIMSTEC Countries – MEA
9) Aid-to-Maldives Scholarship Scheme – MEA
10) Mekong Ganga Co-operation Scholarship Scheme – MEA
11) Afghanistan Scholarship Scheme – MEA
12) ICCR Indian Scholarship for Africa Scheme – MEA
13) Aid-to-Mongolia Scholarship Scheme – MEA
14) Nehru Memorial Scholarship Scheme – MEA
15) Maulana Azad Scholarship Scheme – MEA
16) Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme – MEA
17) India Scholarship (Bangladesh) Scheme – MEA
18) Aid-to-Bhutan Scholarship Scheme – MEA
19) AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for Non-BIMSTEC Countries
20) AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for Malaysian Nationals
21) AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for South East Asian Region (SEAR) Countries
22) Scholarship Scheme for Children/Dependents of Afghanistan Nationals Defence & Security Forces – MEA
23) Scholarship to Wards of Border Guard Bangladesh – MEA
ICCR Scholarship Amount
The ICCR Scholarships are fully funded. View below the amount of the ICCR Scholarship (including the ICCR scholarship stipend amount).
Living Allowance (Per Month)
All Amounts are in Indian Rupees
M.Phil / Ph.D
House Rent Allowance (Per Month)
In Grade 1 cities
In other cities
Contingent Grant (Per Annum)
M.Phil / Ph.D
Thesis and Dissertation Expenses
(Once in entire duration of course)
For BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course
Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek
Bill are settled as admissible according to
Hostel Accommodation will be provided by the ICCR committee
Return airfare ticket will be paid by ICCR for the following schemes: (1) Special Scholarship Scheme for Mauritian nationals ; (2) Bangladesh Scholarship Scheme; (3) Nehru Memorial Scholarship Scheme; Africa Scholarship Scheme; (4) Mekong Ganga Co-operation Scholarship Scheme; (5) Silver Jubilee Scholarship scheme; (6) Aid to Maldives Scholarship Scheme; (7) India-Bangladesh Scholarship Scheme; (8) Nehru Memorial Scholarship Scheme; (9) Maulana Azad Scholarship Scheme; (10) Ayush Scholarship Scheme for BIMSTEC countries; (11) Ayush Scholarship Scheme for non-BIMSTEC countries; (12) Ayush Scholarship Scheme for Malaysian nationals; (13) Ayush Scholarship Scheme for South East Asian Region (SEAR) Countries; (14) Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme; (15) Afghan National Defence and Security Forces.
Get Free Access to more other 200 Fully Funded Scholarships
Required Documents for the ICCR Scholarship
Instructions to all candidates filing the ICCR application form
Applications should be complete in all respects, with all the required information and all necessary supporting documents, as listed below:
Eligibility for the ICCR Scholarship
Find below the general requirements for the ICCR scholarship (particularly for the ongoing ICCR scholarship 2020):
Candidates must be at least 18 years old at the time of application
Applicants should, therefore, have good knowledge of English to the extent that they
are able to fluently speak in English and comprehend lessons in English
without any difficulty.
Applicants should have taken English Language test administered by the
Applicant should produce a medical fitness certificate from the
recognized hospital of his/her country certifying the full wellness.
Get the full requirements for the ICCR Scholarships HERE
ICCR Scholarship Key Dates
- The last date for online application for undergraduate and postgraduate courses is 15th February.
- The last date for Ph.D. courses is 15th August
- While the last date specifically the Ayush Scholarships is 31st July
You may also like: Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada — View here
How to Apply for the ICCR Scholarship
(a) Firstly, interested candidates must meet the program’s requirements and also possess all the necessary documents or records required.
- Step 1: Visit the ICCR A2A Application portal (The ICCR Scholarship application form is found here)
- Step 2: To apply for ICCR Scholarship first applicant should register. Before register for ICCR Scholarship, applicant should have a valid email id(address) and a mobile number. To register click on “Register” link on home
- Step 3: The registration form will appear; fill the mandatory fields and click on Submit button. After which you will receive a “Registration Successful” confirmation message.
- Step 4: Now login using your Email Id(address) and Password which you provided into Registration form. To login click on the “LOGIN” button of the home page.
- Step 5: After a successful login you will see a dashboard. Theses three tabs have been provided on the dashboard —
|• Apply Application (Through this tab, you will apply for the ICCR Scholarship) |• Check Status | • View Profile
- Step 6: Click on “Apply Application”. The application form will appear.
- Step 7: Fill in the mandatory fields. Then click on Next button, Next page will appear.
- Step 8: Fill in the mandatory fields and upload signature.
- Step 9: Click on Next button, Next page will appear.
- Step 10: Upload Mandatory documents by clicking on Upload link. After uploading all documents, “Final Submit” button will get enable
- Step 11: Click on “Final Submit” button, and confirmation message will display
Now the application will go to the Mission for further processing.
(b) Check Status – Through “Check Status” tab applicant can view the status of application. Click on “Check Status” tab on dashboard.
(c) View Profile – Through this tab you can view your profile.
Guidelines for the ICCR Scholarship Application
Candidates should find useful the following guides, which will make their application process smooth, easier, and faster. — Click of the highlighted texts below to download or view.
Guidelines before filling the ICCR scholarship form(ICCR scholarship application form 2020 21 is currently available) –View here
Guidelines before filling the scholarship form(Ayush Guidelines) –View here
Financial terms of the ICCR –View here
Physical Fitness Format –View here
- ICCR Scholarship University List –View here
You may also like: Fully Funded Schwarzman Scholars Program— View here
For General Assistance and Inquiries concerning the ICCR Scholarships
The office for the Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR) can easily be contacted using the details below. They are readily available to assist and clarify any inquires concerning the ICCR Scholarships 2020.
Do you have any additional questions about the ICCR scholarships? If yes, view all the frequently asked questions about the scholarship HERE
Indian Council for Cultural Relations,
Azad Bhawan, I.P Estate, New Delhi-110002
For General Enquiry and scheme related Query:
Email : email@example.com
Phone: +9101123370413, +9101123370391, Timing: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM