The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship(SVMCM)
Are you looking for complete information about the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM)? Then you are in the right place. The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM), also known as the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, is a merit-cum-means based scholarship program for deserving and economically backward students of West Bengal. This scholarship was announced for assisting the meritorious students of the West Bengal state that belongs to the economically backward class of the society. Furthermore, the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) is helpful to students that are studying in class 11, 12 undergraduate levels, postgraduate level, Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing Post Graduate studies and doctorate level. The Swami Vivekananda scholarship last date is usually 15th November yearly.
SVMCM Start Date & Last Date for Application
|Online application starts (Fresh)||11th September yearly|
|Swami Vivekananda Scholarship(SVMCM) Last Date (Fresh)||15th November yearly|
|Online application starts (For minority community)||10th July yearly|
|Online application closes (For minority community)||15th November yearly|
Swami Vivekananda(SVMCM) Scholarship Requirements
The major criteria that candidates need to follow under the swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship are as follows:
- The students applying for the scholarship must be residents of West Bengal.
- The student must be pursuing studies at the higher secondary level or above at recognized Institutes in West Bengal.
- The family of the student applying should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum.
Besides the above criteria, there are some course-related specific eligibility criteria that students are expected to follow. They are:
The Current Course of Study
Percentage marks obtained in the last exam
For Higher Secondary Level of studies
Candidates should have passed Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent examination
75% in aggregate
For Diploma (Polytechnic) Level
Candidates should have passed Madhyamik Pariksha for first-year diploma courses.
75% in aggregate
For Undergraduate courses
Candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent to that.
75% in aggregate (Best of five)
For Postgraduate courses
Honors subjects at graduation level
Honors in Engineering subjects at graduation level
For Kanyashree applicants (K-3 component)
45% in aggregate
For M.Phil./ Non-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow
The students enrolled for an M.Phil or Ph.D. program at a state-aided institution can apply.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount:
As specified on the scholarship official website, the allocation and rate of scholarship are tabulated for the convenience of candidates. View Bikash Bhavan scholarship amount below:
MONTHLY RATE (INR)
UG(Other Professional Courses, UGC approved)
PG(Other Professional Courses, UGC approved)
NON-NET M.Phil./NON NET PhD
5000/- to 8000/-
UG(Engineering), PG(Engineering) and Other Professional Courses(AICTE Approved)
UG(Medical Degree) and Diploma Courses
5000/- and 1500/- Respectively
You May Also Like
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship in Canada (For Indians)
- Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Beijing (For Indians)
How To Apply for Swami Vivekananda MCM Scholarship
STEP 1: Register for the Scholarship
First, you have to start a Swami Vivekananda scholarship online application. To begin your application, you need to first create an account on the official site. Next, you click on the category for which you want to apply. | Registration of Non-NET applicants will be done from the concerned Institution end.
STEP 2: Log into Your Account
After registering successfully on the official website, Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process).
Applicants, willing to apply for K3 are required to fill up the authentication form to verify their existence in Kanyashree(K2) with the input fields Kanyashee(K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant’s Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of K2 authentication, applicants will be forwarded to the registration form. The rest of the process is the same as the fresh application procedure.
STEP 3: Fill the Registration Form
Once you have logged in using your login details, you can now access the rest scholarship application form. Carefully fill in all the fields that are marked as mandatory. Ensure that you fill incorrect information. Any form of inconsistency in the information provided will lead to application rejection. While uploading Scanned Copy of Image and Signature, please maintain File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be in between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
STEP 4: Upload Support Documents
The most important part of the application process is to upload the scanned documents. As mentioned earlier the size and format have to be strictly followed. The files that are to be uploaded must be in the Pdf format not exceeding the 400 Kb size limit.
STEP 5: Submit of Final Application
The candidate can download the two paged Verification Certificate. One for the applicant (Applicant Copy) and one for the Institution. After getting the relevant signature from the head of the department in the Applicant copy, the applicant has to upload it to the portal.
STEP 6 (If needed): Edit Application Details
After submission, there will not be any option to edit application details. However, if any modification is needed after submission, applicants may approach concerned HOI for unlocking the application. After that, they will be able to edit the application details.
Documents to be uploaded for Fresh and Kanyashree Applicants:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (Both sides)
- Income certificate of family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate Issued by the concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
- Institute Verification form (in prescribed format) duly authenticated by HOI (Head of Institution) |(Note: Students can obtain institute verification form online from the portal after the submission of online application. Get it authenticated by the HOI and finally upload on the portal)
Documents to be uploaded for M.Phil/NON-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow:
- Photo (JPG/JPEG and Size in between 20-50KB)
- Signature (JPG/JPEG and Size in between 10-20KB)
- Marksheet or Admit of 10th Standard (PDF and Size not more than 400KB)
- Blank Cancelled Cheque (PDF and Size not more than 400KB)
- Ph.D Registration/M.Phil Admission Proof (PDF and Size not more than 400KB)
- Institute Verification form (in prescribed format) duly authenticated by HOI (Head of Institution) |(Note: Students can obtain institute verification form online from the portal after the submission of online application. Then get it authenticated by the HOI and finally upload on the portal)
Swami Vivekananda MCM Scholarship Selection Process
As the name says, SVMCM is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, it considers both academic merit and the financial need of the students. The following are the steps of the selection process for scholars.
- After the deadline of the application, all the online applications under various categories are sorted initially in a descending order based on the marks secured and income criteria of the student.
- The merit list will be generated accordingly and based on the availability of all documents submitted by the candidates, Scholarship will be disbursed in their respective accounts.
♦ Do you wish to get more scholarship opportunities? If yes, Click Here!
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal
Every year students already enjoying the SVMCM have to apply for renewal. It is applicable for only some particular levels of students, and the renewal cases are subject to your decent academic performance. See how to renew the SVMCM scholarship below.
The minimum score for the Swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship renewal that you are expected to attain at the promotional level during your transition from higher secondary level to diploma and UG level is 60% marks. However, to get a renewal at the postgraduate level, you need to obtain a minimum of 50% marks at the promotional level. Furthermore, you should pass/clear all semester examinations in the first attempt to be qualified for renewal. The start date for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship renewal is usually 15th November yearly.
Documents to be uploaded for SVMCM Renewal Application:
- Copy of the Marksheet of the last examination in the present course of study. (Both sides and in case of the semester examination system, both semester Marksheets).
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class
- UC/Claim Certificate and Progress Report
You may have the following question at this point: is the renewal process different from the general application procedure? No, the process of renewal is more or less similar to the general application procedure. Here is how you can apply for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship renewal:-
Step 1: Go to the online application portal for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Step 2: Select the “Renewal Application” button
Step 3: Login using your registered Login ID and password
Step 4: Fill in all required details and upload all supporting documents
Step 5: Submit the renewal application.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Contact Details
Address: Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship helpline number: 1800-102-8014 (Toll-Free Number)
Email ID: email@example.com