Applications for the Quramo Writers' Prize is now open.
Quramo Publishing Limited is now officially accepting entries or submissions for its writers' prize for the year 2020. The Quramo Writers' Prize is an African award for new and emerging writers. It is designed to celebrate unpublished writers who are working tirelessly to develop their craft and record the continent's original stories. The QWP targets at encouraging a nascent community of great and talented writing; also providing an opportunity for these wonderful talents to gain publishing recognition. The Quramo Writers' Prize is open to Africans living within and outside the continent. All entrants must be legal adults (18 years and above). Children are not eligible for the prize.
- Unpublished authors are required to submit a manuscript, with a minimum word count of 30,000 words.
- Each entry must be an original, unpublished work of fiction.
Worth of QWP Award
The winner of the Quramo Writers' Prize will receive a cash prize( up to $2,800 or 1,000,000 Naira), and the possibility of a development contract for their manuscripts.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the Quramo website in the following format:
- All submissions must be sent in with the following information:
- Times New Roman font
- MS Word file
- Size 12 font
- Left justified with 1.5 spacing
Points to Note
- A 150-word synopsis
- A short biography of the author
- Social media page (Twitter, Instagram, etc) This is mandatory.
- Full(legal) name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Manuscripts submitted to the QWP must not have been entered into any other competitions running concurrently. Prior entries for the inaugural QWP are also ineligible.
- Identifying information (name, address, etc) should not be included on the pages of the manuscript.
- All entrants must not be younger than 18 years old at the time of manuscript submission.
- All longlisted entrants must be available to participate in a publicity campaign from the date of announcement of the longlist leading up to the unveiling of the winner of the prize.
- Entries which do not comply with the competition rules may be disqualified.
- The winner of the competition shall be eligible to receive a sum of N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) and a publishing contract with Quramo Publishing Limited.
- After announcing the winner, Quramo Publishing shall have a right of first refusal for the second book by the winner.
- The winner undertakes to participate and work with editors at Quramo Publishing at every material time for the development and publication of the manuscript, upon execution of the development publishing agreement.
- The winner undertakes to commit fully to the promotion and publication of the book upon publication.
- Quramo reserves the right to refuse to award the prize should it come to a decision that none of the manuscripts submitted is worthy of winning the prize.
Click on ''Apply Now'' to enter for this prize now.