Volvo Environment Prize
Nomination/application for the prestigious Volvo Environmental Prize 2021 is now open. This prize presented with the purpose of rewarding excellence and outstanding scientific discoveries or innovations which fall, in broad terms, within the environmental field. Previous Laureates represent a wide range of areas of importance and knowledge for the environment. These include biologists, urban development experts, economists, resource and hazard specialists, poverty adversaries, and others. More than 40 scientists have received the award science 1990. Two of the laureates later won the Nobel Prize.
How does the prize look?
The prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award of SEK 1.5 million(approximately $150,000 or EUR140,000). The award ceremony is done November each year in Stockholm.
Since the pioneer award in 1990, the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world's most respected and adored environmental prize. The Volvo prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A scientific committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. And the international Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of the Prize laureates. These laureates represent all fields of environmental sustainability studies and initiatives.
How to Apply:
Nominations for this award in 2021 must be submitted before January 10, 2021.
Disciplines of nominees must have relevance to the environment.
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Letters of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com When not feasible, please contact the secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
Click on ''Apply Now'' for more information and to begin the nomination/application process.