D-Prize Challenge 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs Worldwide (up to $20,000 USD)
The D Prize global competition is out to support entrepreneurs who can distribute working and quality poverty intervention innovations or inventions. A fact is that the world already has invented products and services that can end poverty. Sadly, millions of people cannot still access these innovations or even afford them.
Now, the big question is: ''Can you create a business or a Non-governmental organization that solves or can solve one of the Distribution Challenges
stated below?''. D-prize backs new and emerging entrepreneurs( also, old ones in some cases as stated below) who can distribute quality poverty intervention. Furthermore, D-Prize will award the most promising/outstanding teams with up to $20,000 to launch a first viable version of their business wherever extreme exists.
- WATER, SANITATION, AND HYGIENE
- GIRLS' EDUCATION
- GLOBAL HEALTH
- GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Click ''Apply Now'' to view the drop down for each distribution challenge.
- D-prize is open to aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- Considerations for for funding already existing organizations will be made only if: the organization is piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and needs a high risk capital.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines.
- The Global challenge launches on April 20, 2020
- Early Submission Deadline: June 1, 2020
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 22, 2020 at Midnight PT(Pacific Time)
- Extension Deadline: July 13, 2020 at midnight PT
Click on "Apply Now" to apply for this exciting program.
- Round 1: This requires you to submit your concept notes and CVs/Resume(s)
- Round 2: Qualified applicants will be required to draft and submit a full plan of their venture. The plan will include details on operations, a budget, milestones, and other items. Candidates will have about four weeks to submit a plan
- Final Round: Finalist entrepreneurs will be interviewdd over email and on the phone. Depending on the promise fact and cost-effectiveness of a proposal, judges may award up to $20,000 in funding. The average D-prize award size is $12,000
- Piloting Winning Ventures: Besdie just direct funding, D-prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the first /pilot version proves successful