The International Sustainability Academy(ISA) Fellowship
The International Sustainability Academy(ISA) is an initiative of the Schutzgeemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Lv. Hamburg e.V. (SDW) (i.e. The Protective Association for the German Forest) which is located in Hamburg, Germany.
It is a 9(nine)-month program, where 12 Young Professionals gather in Hamburg to find solutions for the greatest challenges of the world. The ISA is a 9-Months program with two-phase. Phase 1 (one) is completed in the first 8 months of the program within Germany | Phase 2 (two) is completed in the 9 months of the program in the candidate's home country.
Objectives of the sponsorship
The international transfer or exchange of knowledge shall help the 12 scholarship-holders to further develop their existing special fields and/or existing projects in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Of particular importance and given priority are activities with respect to climate protection in their respective home countries. The primary objective is the discernible use in the home country through the continuation of the projects and/or the perspectives, contacts, and solution approaches acquired during the scholarship. Their projects must be put into the context of one or more SDGs. The ongoing exchange between the Academy and the scholarship- holders is therefore essential, even after returning home.
The scholarship is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for
Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at interested parties in emerging or developing countries and economies on the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) List
Worth of Sponsorship
Eligibility for This Program
- 1,300 Euros per month expenses (includes own research and as applicable, internships and excursions)
- Accommodation (private, furnished room (ca. 12mÂ²) with shared bathroom and
- Health Insurance
- Return flight (Economy Class (max. three(2) stopovers, flight from home country airport) (airport transfer in home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- Airport transfer in the city of Hamburg with public transport
- Full costs of group excursions
- Season ticket for the use of public transport in the city of Hamburg
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply throughout
The program is aimed at people who are already involved in activities in connection with Sustainable Development Goals Link up View here
could be students or career starters, working-class personnel, or even Start-up founders. Those taking part must come from countries which
are on the DAC list (Development Assistance Committee of the OECD) View List.
- Applicants must come from countries or regions on the DAC list in Africa, Europe, Asia and
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Evidence of English proficiency skills of at least B1 or better
- Applicants must be alreading working on a project or research work in their home country, ideally
on the theme of climate protection which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- Applicants must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- The project must be attributable to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's)
- There is no age limit for applicants.
Application documents for the pre-selection procedure:
- INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES -- Specialist qualification | general education/ open-mindedness and interest/creativity;
- PERSONALITY -- motivation | potential | personal presentation and packaging | social competence
- GENERAL environment policy commitment -- volunteering activities are taken into account and artistic or scientific performance
- VALUE ORIENTATION / RESPONSIBILITY -- standpoint and tolerance | independent thinking
- Evidence of educational qualifications -- diploma, Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Letter of motivation(1,000 characters in length)
A typed or word-processed, formulated, 3 - 4 page curriculum vitae with signature and date (not tabular, written on one side only and not tacked together)
- Evidence of English skills (min. B1)
- Project description (1,500 characters in length)
- Eligibility for a stay abroad (matriculation, authorization or permission from employer)
- Applications are to be made using the form on this website that will be released about 10 months prior to the beginning of each of the courses. Required documents for the application can be uploaded directly into the template
Please note that only complete application documentation can be taken into account
- During the applications phase, the project team is available for your questions via e-mail, phone, or video conference. Closing date for applications, as a rule, is 6 months prior to the start of the program.
- A telephone interview will be conducted with interested candidates. In the selection process, not only Project Leader and Educational Specialist will take part but also two independent representatives, for example, from a company or an educational establishment.