Copy Editing Remote Job at Androidauthority.com
Android Authority is in search of an eagle-eyed, technology-literate copy editor to proof and format articles to be published on androidauthority.com
Article types will include the following: technical explainers, technology product reviews, and features (do not be scared, we write about more than just Android).
The copy editor will make sure that the submitted text is grammatically correct, clear, and concise. You will then format the text in WordPress according to specified guidelines for each content type, adding images, links, and other on-page elements. The copy editor will communicate with the section editor and writer on any potential issues in the text.
Speed and accuracy are of the essence for this role. It is expected that the copy editor will work regular hours, but being available at irregular times is a huge bonus. Given the unpredictable nature of the tech industry, working on weekends, evenings and public holidays will be required occasionally.
Familiarity with technology -- in particular mobile technology-- and knowledge of technical terms is very essential. You do not need to be a Linux kernel developer to succeed in this role but you must have an active understanding of the terms and concepts our team writes about.
The role is remote, part-time, and can be very flexible. Compensation is based on experience, and we pay competitively within our industry.
You will be notified when new copy has been submitted. Your task will be to get the text publish-ready as fast as possible. This can be done on an ad-hoc basis throughout the day or during set times.
How to Apply
- Candidate must have an eagle eye for detail, grammar, and punctuation
- Candidate must be technically literate and familiar with mobile technology
- Candidate must be familiar with the Associated Press style
- Candidate must be fluent in written U.S. English
- Interlink related content according to SEO guidelines
- Candidate must be able to choose relevant imagery to illustrate the text from our media library
- Candidate must be able to liaise with writers and section editors
- Candidate must correctly categorize and tag content
- Candidate must be flexible and communicative about availabilities
- And lastly, candidate should submit their application with two mistakes found in this ad
Please submit a form at www.androidauthority.com/jobs/
. An ability to follow instructions is a baseline requirement for consideration, so please take note of the following.
For ''Availability,'' this position is part-time. Ignore the number of articles in the available options and select ''I'm available for part-time work.''
For ''Please estimate your current rate in USD($) per hundred (100) words'', please provide your preferred rate per hour instead.
Include the two mistakes found in this ad in the ''tell us a little bit about yourself'' box.
Click on ''Apply Now''
Extra Income/Side Hustle Sources: View here!