Remote Compliance Manager Job
Bevy is looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to ensure their company adheres to regulatory and contractual requirements as well as in-house policies and framework-specific needs. You will be responsible for understanding and asserting those needs and various levels of business as well as guide on compliance matters.
Candidate should be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices and have a high bar on ethical standards. And must be comfortable communicating candidly when necessary and be result-oriented.
The main objective is to preserve the company's integrity by assuring lawful and ethical course and helping Bevy maintain and expand the pre-existing compliance program.
Information About Bevy
Bevy is simply a virtual & in-person community events software platform. They help companies build, grow, and scale their global communities. Founded in the 2017(April precisely) by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Amazon, Atlassian, Duolingo, Adobe, eBay, Asana, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Salesforce, SAP, Roblox, Slack and many other companies. In May of 2020, Bevy raised a $15,000,000 Series B funding round. On top of that, they are rolling out Bevy Virtual, a new product to help communities build & connect during #COVID19 pandemic. With numerous large enterprise customers, compliance (ISO 27001, SOC 2 reporting, and more) has been a very important part of the business since 2018.
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee control systems to avoid or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls & improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Liaise with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Communicate and explain compliance issues effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Extra Income/Side Hustle Sources: View here!
- A successful track record in compliance management
- In-depth knowledge of the industry's standards and regulations, particularly at least one of: ISO 27001, SOC reporting, GDPR, CCPA, or similar(Easy to learn)
- A business acumen combined with a dedication to legality, honesty and confidentiality
- Methodical and very diligent with very much outstanding planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
Certification in compliance and/or audit leading is a plus.