Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia(UBC)
This prestigious award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
This need and merit-based award recognizes international undergraduate students who show excellent/superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas like extracurricular activities.
The scholarship is awarded every year
. And it recognizes outstanding students from around the world.
Worth of this Scholarship
- The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to the candidate's financial need.
Financial need is determined by adding the tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution candidate and his or her family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by candidate and family.
- Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion -- whichever comes first -- provided the candidate achieves satisfactory academic standing in his/her faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain Canadian study permit (student visa).
About University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global center for teaching, learning, and research, consistently ranked amongst the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America's most international university.
Since 1915, their motto, Tuum Est (meaning ''It is Yours''), has been a declaration of their commitment to attracting and supporting those who have the drive to shape a better world. As a result, UBC students, faculty and staff continuously embrace innovation and challenge the status quo, placing us at the forefront of discovery, learning and engagement. UBC encourages bold thinking, curiosity and initiative, so students can realize and key into their greatest potential.
Eligibility requirements for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award are as follows:
December 1: Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although candidates can specify two degree choices in your application, only their first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
January 31: Meet UBC's English Language Admission Standard.
Student scholarship application deadline: January 16, 2021
Mid-April: Nominees will be informed if they have received an award.
Important Notice !
Please note that the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia does not interact with agencies or educational ''agents'' in order to recruit students or offer scholarships. Please be cautioned against any agents providing false acceptances or requiring fees for unaffiliated third parties. If you have any questions, please contact UBC HERE
Extra Income/Side Hustle Sources: View here!
For more information this amazing scholarship program
- Candidate must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Candidate must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- Candidate must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Candidate must meet UBC's admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Candidate must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- Candidate must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
-- Click on "Apply Now"
. . . . . . . . . .