The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provides an amazing opportunity for exceptional international students to study at one of the world best's universities in one of the world's most culturally diverse cities.
This program seeks to acknowledge students who demonstrate excellent academic achievements as well as leadership capabilities in their schools. Much emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to positively contribute to the global community. 37 students are named Lester B. Pearson scholars each year.
The scholarship is awarded every year
. And it recognizes outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
Worth of this Scholarship
The Lester B. Person International Scholarships will cover:
Accomodation & Feeding
- All for four(4) years -- provided satifactory academic performance requirements are met.
Interested candidates must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school(high school) or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To apply for the program, you will need to:
Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2021 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
Once Uniiversity of Toronto has received a nomination and you've applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholarship Timeline
School nomination deadline: November 30, 2020
Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2020 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 8, 2019 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
Student scholarship application deadline: January 16, 2021
Important Notice !
Please note the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto does not interact with agencies or educational ''agents'' in order to recruit students or offer scholarships. Please be cautioned against any agents providing false acceptances or requiring fees for unaffiliated third parties. Pearson Scholarship recipients can only be nominated by their current secondary school through our online process and the scholarship is available only to undergraduate degree applicants. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Frequently Asked Questions
When will applicants receive a decision?
- Pearson Scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of April 2021.
Can one school nominate more than one student?
- Schools can nominate only one student per year.
Can I nominate a student even if they havenâ€™t applied to U of T?
- Yes, you can nominate a student who has not yet applied for admission to U of T. However, to submit the scholarship application, students must apply for admission to University of Toronto.
For more information this amazing scholarship program -- Click on "Apply Now"