Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Mastercard Foundation's goal is to continuously raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is inviting candidates to apply for its fully-funded undergraduate scholarship program.
The program provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education.
Furthermore, it offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive quality training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including cultural transition, mentorship, among many others. These will lead to the scholar's academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of economic and social transformation of Africa as a whole.
Eligibilities for this Program
Worth of Scholarship
- All Applicants with WASSCE or ABCE or GBCE or GCE O'Level and A'Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST's Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant's result must be at least a year old.
- Applicants must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Applicants must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- Priority in consideration shall be given to
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- Applicants must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How do I Apply for this Exciting Scholarship?
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars' capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back)
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Click on ''Apply Now'' to download application form.
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
c/o Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
Original Certificates for both O'Level and A'Level results or their equivalent.
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.